Circumference Books at the George Town Literary Festival
Sorry for the late notice, but there will be a lot of Circumference at the George Town Literary Festival in Penang, Malaysia this weekend! Visit their site for the details. But here’s what’s happening:
- 21 November, 12:30 p.m.–1:50 p.m.: Kulleh Grasi joins Nam Ron and Muhammad Haji Salleh for a discussion titled “Kata Tanpa Aksara” (which might be in Malay?), moderated by Regina Ibrahim.
- 21 November, 2 p.m.–3:20 p.m.: Editor Jennifer Kronovet joins Tiffany Tsao, Adriana Manan, and Fahmi Mustaffa in a discussion of “The Beauty and Chaos of Translation” moderated by Jeffrey Yang (who’s on the Circumference Advisory Board).
- 22 November, 2 p.m.–3:20 p.m.: Poet Kulleh Grasi joins Darrel McLeod and Julie Janson for a discussion entitled “First Nation, Last in Line,” moderated by Chris Parry.
- 22 November, 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.: There’s a book launch party for Kulleh Grasi’s Tell Me, Kenyalang! It will be great.
- 22 November, 8:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.: Kulleh Grasi’s band Nading Rhapsody plays.
- 24 November, 9:30 a.m.–10:50 a.m.: Jennifer Kronovet joins Jeffrey Yang and Kannan Sundaram for a discussion entitled “From Ink to Blink,” moderated by Christine Edwards.
- 24 November, 2 p.m.–3:20 p.m.: Tell Me, Kenyalang translator Pauline Fan moderates a panel entitled “The Sea and the Mirror” with Nikola Madzirov, Kim Yedeum, Charlotte Van den Broeck, Carlomar Daoana.
That’s a lot! And the rest of the program is great too! Perumal Merugan! Satyajit Ray’s son Sandip! Tell Me, Kenyalang blurber Goenawan Mohamad! Eliot Weinberger! The highest concentration of Circumference in who knows how long! If you’re in the area, come say hello!